Tuesday, October 23, 2007

No More Oink


British and Dutch police today shut down the world’s biggest source of illegal pre-release chart albums and arrested a 24-year old man in an operation coordinated between Middlesbrough and Amsterdam.

The raids, which were coordinated by Interpol, follow a two-year investigation by the international and UK music industry bodies IFPI and BPI into the members-only online pirate pre-release club known as OiNK. Source


I am legitimately upset about this. This was such a horrible thing to wake up to. I feel as if a good friend of mine is gone. I used Oink almost religiously. If i heard about a band or CD i would check it out on Oink before i went out and bought it or saw the band live.

Now it's gone. I wish i could write a more eloquent piece on how Oink changed my life, but i am far too upset right now to do that. Perhaps i will at a later date.

Digg this

No comments: